Saturday, December 13, 2008

It was a gloomy day.

I came back home from Nanshan this morning.I checked out the bus stop sign and chose a bus I hadn't taken before.It turned out to be a good idea because it was so amazing that that bus passed by my uni,high school,middle school and even primary school.On the way,it felt as if I was watching a reminiscent movie.Then I started to ask myself "If I'm too familiar with this city?Should I start something new?"

I don't mean I'm fed up with my normal life.Normal is good,believe me.But there was a moment where I dreamed of doing something not me,something that would make normal different.Once you get too familiar with something,you hardly feel enthusiasm for it.It should be so-called aesthetic fatigue.Maybe I'd reflect on myself that I'm the one who is not easily cheered up.But I guess my case is worse,I'm a victim of positive pessimism.

I accidentally found the following essay and kinda like it.



For Every Woman


By Nancy R. Smith, copyright 1973

For every woman who is tired of acting weak when she knows she is strong, there is a man who is tired of appearing strong when he feels vulnerable.

For every woman who is tired of acting dumb, there is a man who is burdened with the constant expectation of "knowing everything."

For every woman who is tired of being called "an emotional female," there is a man who is denied the right to weep and to be gentle.

For every woman who is called unfeminine when she competes, there is a man for whom competition is the only way to prove his masculinity.

For every woman who is tired of being a sex object, there is a man who must worry about his potency.

For every woman who feels "tied down" by her children, there is a man who is denied the full pleasures of shared parenthood.

For every woman who is denied meaningful employment or equal pay, there is a man who must bear full financial responsibility for another human being.

For every woman who was not taught the intricacies of an automobile, there is a man who was not taught the satisfactions of cooking.

For every woman who takes a step toward her own liberation, there is a man who finds the way to freedom has been made a little easier.

0 comments: