Thursday, January 1, 2009

boring afternoon

"What would happen to planet earth if the human race were to suddenly disappear forever? Would ecosystems thrive? What remnants of our industrialized world.would survive? What would crumble fastest? From the ruins of ancient civilizations to present day cities devastated by natural disasters, history gives us clues to these questions and many more in the visually stunning and thought-provoking new special LIFE AFTER PEOPLE"
I watched a documentary named Life After People this afternoon.Originally it was showed on History Channel but I watched it on BBC.It was a heartquake film for me.I love the premise that suddenly humanity no longer existed(without another big bang or something like that).Without human,the earth would be better."By this point, any substantial evidence of humanity's former domination over nature would be gone. Only a few things would survive, such as large stone structures. The Pyramids at Giza remain, but would be mostly buried by the Sahara Desert's sands. Portions of the Great Wall of China may also remain intact. The faces at Mount Rushmore might also survive and remain recognizable for hundreds of thousands of years."





My schedule finally came out:

Jan. 6th~Jan.12th : terminal examinations and school's out on Jan.12th
Jan.16th : go to my auntie's home in Guangzhou
Jan.17th : at 8:00 AM,take a 2.5 hours' plane to my hometown,Lianyungang
Feb. 6th : fly back to Guangzhou and not sure when can come back home in Shenzhen

I decide to stay in uni during the new year's three-day-off but I can see that I would do anything but review.

0 comments: