Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Welcome to Guangzhou HEMC!

Tired out,sunburnt,somnolent,that's how I feel now over the past few days in Guangzhou.As I mentioned in last post,I went there last Thursday,came back Sunday.It was fun and way beyond my expectation.I should own it to friends I met there.I secrectly doubt that whether I'm capable to offer that kind of hospitality when sometime they drop by my place.
The first place I visited is Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center ( 广州大学城 ) .It's quite convenient because there's direct coach from my uni,available from 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m.Plus,it costs only 40RMB which is economical.I got off after 1.5 hours at central station,then took the intramural bus 381 for 1RMB.There are 10 higher education institutions with totally 120,000 students.I stayed at residence block of Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.A friends shared her bed with me.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
In order to look around HEMC,I rent a bike and planned to go over all of it(1RMB per hour,very reasonable).But it was harder than it looked.I couldn't feel my legs when I didn't finish halfway of the whole journey.But those beautiful designed buildings of different campus paid off all the fatigue.Other than the camous,there were still a couple of recreational facilities and I even saw some undeveloped area and a few farmers there.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
So exhausted and starving,my friend treated me outside the residence.There was a night market which was very bustling.And I found the price was lower than it in Shenzhen,even the snack.

0 comments: